Governance of the school
In order to operate the school with its full capacity and sustainability, the school has structural arrangements that used to govern the school. The school will have Advisory board, Chair , Co-Chairs and Volunteer contributors.
Advisory board consists of scientists from regional and international scientific community who are willing to contribute for the success of the EA-SA.
Advisory boards have roles of leadership and advise of the school in different categories such as program content design, fund raising, media and communication, Education and public outreach, soliciting volunteers for scientific contribution.
Chair (Director) is responsible to oversight the overall activities of the School and in charge of the school administration and official liaison of the school.
Co-Chairs (Co-Directors) are responsible in coordinating and directing activities under the assigned categories of school (such as program content design, fund raising, Education and public outreach, etc)
The term for the governance positions are 4years and can be extended for one additional term.
Advisory Board Members
- Prof. Paul Baki , EAAS, Technical University of Kenya , Kenya
- Dr. Edward Jurua , EAARN, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
- Mr. Alemiye Mamo, EA-ROAD, Ethiopia
- Dr. Solomon Belay, Ethiopian Space Science and Technology Institute, Ethiopia
- Prof Petri Vaisanen , South African Astronomical Observatory (SAAO), South Africa
- Dr. Johan Knapen, Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias, Spain
- Prof. Ernst Van Groningen, International Science Program(IPS), Uppsala University, Sweden
- Dr. Mirjana Povic, ESSTI, Ethiopia and Institute of Astrophysics of Andalusia (IAA),The Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) Granada, Spain
- Dr. Nebiha Shafi, Hartbeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) ,South Africa.
Director: Mr. Alemiye Mamo
Co-Chairs ; Dr. Mirjana Povic Dr. Johan Knapen, and Dr.Nebiha Shafi